ABOUT Venice, FL
Venice, Florida is the place to be for Gulf Coast living with an assortment of sandy beaches, gorgeous sunsets, and aromatic sea breezes.
The name was borrowed from the Italian city of Venice, where landscape and architecture are reminiscent of Italy, and the locals call it “Venice Island”.
Located in southwest Florida, in a less crowded area of the state, just south of Sarasota which boasts an A+ school rating. With a variety of housing options and price points, Venice is also appealing because Florida has no State Income Tax!
Venice offers 14 miles of sandy beaches, from Casey Key to Manasota Key. Shelling is a favorite pastime as fossilized shark's teeth can be sifted from the sand—and considered the Shark’s Tooth Capital of the World!
An enviable area to call home, for business and pleasure, with a casual resort-style elegance that’s bustling with festivals, golfing, boating, and pet-friendly events.
The rich culture, charming historic neighborhoods, and trendy eating spots make this an enviable--and affordable choice--to live your Best Life!
At GenesisCare we want to hear from people who are as passionate as we are about innovation and working together to drive better life outcomes for patients around the world.
GenesisCare is seeking clinical Medical Physicists to join our team.
We have several centers in the West Florida Region (Sarasota, Venice, Bradenton, Port Charlotte) offering external beam radiotherapy, radiosurgery, brachytherapy, and radiopharmaceuticals. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of our SRS program, use some of the latest industry treatment and calibration equipment, and work with a close-knit team of experienced physicists.
We are currently in the process of expanding the use of SRS, NRG research trials, automation, and innovative treatments for skin cancer. Ideal candidate will provide physics services at Venice and other satellite locations. This is a great opportunity for a physicist looking for a dynamic clinical environment with a great support team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Calibrate and maintain therapy units, radiation sources, ultrasound systems and other relevant major equipment to sustain efficient and accurate operation.
• Maintain treatment planning systems, as needed, including regular quality assurance.
• Oversee and assist with the treatment planning of external beam as well as use of internally implanted radioactive sources.
• Oversee and assist with the treatment planning of SRS cases using Hyper Arc as well as use of internally implanted radioactive sources.
• Assists with development of specialized treatment aids and supervises technologists in the development and fabrication of such aids.
• Assists with planning and delivery of HDR treatments. Strong HDR experience with Nucletron Flexitron preferred.
• Assists with planning and delivery of LDR treatments. Strong LDR experience with Variseed preferred.
• Verify dosage in therapeutic radiopharmaceutical treatments (I-131 and Xofigo).
• Maintain proper records and correspondence pertaining to quality control and quality assurance, calibration, radiation safety and compliance with State and Federal regulations and standards of accrediting bodies.
• Perform quality assurance checks of patient charts prior to treatment, weekly, and at end of treatment for adequate and accurate documentation and dosage.
• Assists engineering with maintenance schedules, component replacement, and necessary modifications and calibration for continued safe operation.
• Assists with planning and participates in supporting programs (i.e. chart rounds and M&M review) to ensure effective and safe use of radiation and radionuclides in human beings by physician specialists.
• Support protocol implementation and maintenance (including NRG Clinical Trials).
• Support in house protocols for innovative skin treatment (SkinViva).
• Support implementation of automated contouring and Rapid Plan planning.
• Cooperates in compliance with OSHA regulations relating to hazardous materials and blood-born pathogens.
• Keeps abreast of new scientific methods and technological developments in radiation therapy.
• PhD, DMP, or Master’s Degree in Medical Physics
• Certified by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or the American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP) or Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine (CCPM)
• Board eligible candidates will be considered. Must have passed Part II ABR
Equipment in the Region:
- Aria/Eclipse with 2 Edge Truebeams, 4 Truebeams, Halcyon, and iX
- Mosaiq R&V
- VersaHD and Synergy LINACs
- Nucletron with Oncentra Masterplan (Flexitron upgrades in progress)
- IBA BluePhantom 2, IC Profiler, SNC Mapcheck 2, W2 Scintillator
- Variseed LDR Pre and Post Planning
- bk3000 and bkSpekto Ultrasound Systems
- Mim Symphony Dx
Our purpose is to create care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. Joining the GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things differently. Asking what if and why not? And being focused on getting the best possible outcomes for our patients.
We are a team of professionals who believe care should be focused on the individual, not the condition. That care should be available when and where people need it most and it should be designed to help give people the best life outcomes possible. We specialize in treating and innovating in cancer and heart disease, the two biggest diseases that impact people’s lives. We’re proud that we are designing better care for more people around the world every day.
Empathy for all
We do all we can to understand the needs, emotions and ambitions of patients and each other. Because only through understanding can we work well together inside GenesisCare and make the necessary difference to the experience and life outcomes of the patients we treat.
Partnership, inside and out
We achieve more together than apart, so we share, listen, and work as one. Designing better care will only be possible if we work together, with each other inside GenesisCare and with people and our partners from outside, who want the same things we do and who want be part of our purpose.
Innovation every day
We all contribute insightful, innovative ideas, both big and small. Because great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, and we know that insight and evidence is the best way to unlock them, to design better care.
Bravery to have a go
We dare to make ideas happen, to make the impossible a reality, because at GenesisCare that’s our DNA. We will only fulfil our purpose if we try and learn and commit ourselves to making things happen; after all, nothing means more to us than getting you the best life outcomes possible.
We do the right thing for our patients, our partners and each other.
GenesisCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.