Northwest Medical Physics Center (NMPC) is looking for a board-certified radiation therapy physicist to provide services at a clinic we serve in Spokane, Washington. The qualified candidate will carry on physics tasks at one clinic at the 90% level. The remaining 10% will be spent covering one or more clinics in the same region of Washington State. The clinic is in an all Varian environment, utilizing a TrueBeam linac, ARIA, and Eclipse TPS. External beam treatment modalities include 3D/VMAT and SBRT. Spokane offers a vibrant arts and culture scene along with nearby rivers and mountains for outdoor recreation.
As a member of the professional team of NMPC, the successful candidate will enjoy the support and cross-coverage of our broadly experienced and friendly group.
Please send your CV and inquiries to GreatJobs@nmpc.org to join our ever-growing group. Please mention “Spokane” in your communication.
About Northwest Medical Physics Center
Northwest Medical Physics Center (NMPC) was founded in 1972 as a non-profit and tax-exempt organization to provide Medical Physicist Consultation to Radiation Oncology Departments.
NMPC provides three components of medical physics activity:
1. Clinical Medical Physics Services, part and full time, to Radiation Therapy Departments throughout the Greater Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Oklahoma, California, and beyond;
2. Consulting Services, such as Radiotherapy Equipment Selection, Shielding Design and Evaluation, Acceptance Testing, Commissioning, Modeling for Treatment Planning Systems, Beam Calibration services, and Room Surveys throughout the United States;
3. Education, We strive to bring more qualified individuals into the medical physics world through Summer Internship programs, Medical Physics assistantships, and our Residency program.
NMPC has an inherent advantage in that it brings physicists into a group where the varied experience and expertise of individual physicists is pooled to produce better solutions to the clinical problems encountered.
AAPM Career Services has listings for medical physics jobs in specialized disciplines like radiation oncology, radiological physics, diagnostic imaging, dosimetry, health physics, radiation safety, nuclear medicine, and imaging. Find a job here in industry as a certified medical physicist, chief physicist, or clinical physicist, or as an instructor, assistant or associate professor faculty member in medical physics.
The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) is a partner in the AIP Career Network, a collection of online job sites for scientists, engineers,
and computing professionals. Other partners include Physics Today, the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), American Physical Society (APS Physics), AVS
Science and Technology, IEEE Computer Society, and the Society of Physics Students (SPS) and Sigma Pi Sigma.