Provides medical physics services within the INTEGRIS Cancer Institute of Oklahoma and all Metro Radiation Oncology Departments. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires. Incumbents in this position may be required to float to other INTEGRIS locations.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The core group of physics staff will support all sites. Area will be assigned. Staff will rotate to the different sites schedule to be determined by Lead physicists.
* Calibrates all radiation therapy equipment and radioactive sources and is proficient in assessing radiation measuring equipment and planning treatment
* Performs quality control tests of radiation beam characteristics and mechanical characteristics of all therapy machines
* Measures, analyzes and enters data used for treatment planning computer and tests new versions of software
* Performs acceptance testing and commissioning of new equipment
* Determines shielding design requirements for new facilities
* Checks accuracy/appropriateness of computerized patient treatment plans in consultation with the physicians to achieve optimal care including external beam, prostate seed implants, intravascular brachytherapy, IMRT with MLC, and 3-D treatment planning
* Performs patient-specific radiation measurements and calculations and assists in fabrication of needed ancillary treatment aides
* Performs regulatory correspondence and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal agencies promulgating regulations affecting radiation devices and sources and radiological physics services
* Performs weekly patient chart checks to verify accuracy.
* Insures compliance with all local, state and federal agencies promulgating regulations affecting radiation devices and sources and radiological physics services.
#Physicist #Oklahoma #INTEGRIS Cancer Institute #Medical Physicist
* Master's Degree in Medical Physics or related field with three years of clinical medical physics experience, board certified or eligible with a current knowledge of Regulatory and Review Agencies.
Internal Number: 719103
INTEGRIS is the state’s largest Oklahoma-owned health system and one of the state’s largest private employees (nearly 10,000 employees statewide), with hospitals, rehabilitation centers, physician clinics, mental health facilities, fitness centers, independent living centers and home health agencies throughout much of the state. Corporate headquarters are located on the campus of INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City.When you contribute toward the outstanding health care Oklahomans have come to expect from INTEGRIS Health, you earn great benefits. We offer a generous package that includes medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance and personal accident insurance. Competitive pay, healthy retirement savings, paid time off and focus on Employee Wellness is one of many benefits we offer. We believe you should reap all the benefits of your career –professionally, emotionally and financially.
BACK TO TOP
AAPM Career Services has listings for medical physics jobs in specialized disciplines like radiation oncology, radiological physics, diagnostic imaging, dosimetry, health physics, radiation safety, nuclear medicine, and imaging. Find a job here in industry as a certified medical physicist, chief physicist, or clinical physicist, or as an instructor, assistant or associate professor faculty member in medical physics.
The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) is a partner in the AIP Career Network, a collection of online job sites for scientists, engineers,
and computing professionals. Other partners include Physics Today, the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), American Physical Society (APS Physics), AVS
Science and Technology, IEEE Computer Society, and the Society of Physics Students (SPS) and Sigma Pi Sigma.