Academic, Non-Profit, Hospital, Free Standing Clinic, Other
Medical Physics: Diagnostic Imaging, Medical Physics: Radiological Physics - General
Made for Partnerships. Made for Patients. Made for You.
At Canon Medical Systems we partner with our customers to truly understand their needs in imaging and beyond. We develop a full range of imaging solutions, including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound, PET and MR that address time pressures, workflow constraints, patient comfort and imaging precision to deliver true efficiency coupled with best in class tools for both diagnosis and intervention. Together, we work on an education plan and develop service solutions that meet your every needs.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with our partners to deliver optimum health care opportunities for patients through uncompromised performance, comfort and imaging accuracy. Together, we make it possible.
Job Summary Identify, build, and enhance Canon Medical System USA's, (CMSU's), key clinical customer/partner relationships to maximize clinical research activities in order to comprehensively support the business units' individual and multi-modality hypothesis driven research and product related clinical evaluations. Build, broaden and/or strengthen multi-modality research collaborations with scientific and clinical key opinion leaders (KOL) and luminary institutions. Leverage the relationships and Canon resources to enhance CMSU's business objectives while serving the needs of patients. Drive the implementation of clinical research and development activities. Specific areas of focus include 1) performance measurement criteria and procedures to optimize imaging system performance and ensure industry acceptance and 2) the production of scientific publications and presentations. Encourage intellectual property formulation and execution and technology transfer. Provide educational and customer support to the business units to enhance scientific profile of the business units.
Essential Responsibilities * Manage collaborative hypothesis-driven research and clinical evaluation projects at luminary institutions through key milestones including data collection, protocol development, data acquisition, phantom studies, equipment evaluations, post processing, co-writing papers, IP and technology transfer support, and development of presentations.
* Communicate monthly or quarterly status updates as appropriate to CMSU's Director, Clinical Collaborations and the business units.
* Fully support clinical collaborators in the publication of peer review papers and the development of presentations for clinical symposia and CMSU speakers' bureau.
* Operate within assigned budgets which support defined clinical projects.
* Act as back up to Director, Clinical Collaborations in representing and promoting CMSU clinical research to key customers.
* Develop intramural supported hypotheses driven clinical investigations and use preliminary data from the same to seek opportunities to collaborate as co-PI on investigator initiated extramural grants
* Support the business units in recommending development and implementation of imaging system performance measurement criteria and procedures to maintain optimal performance and ensure acceptance to industry standards for reimbursement.
* Counsel business units on the development of clinical arguments for products and clinical counter arguments against competition.
* Actively participate in clinical advisory board activities for specific modality.
* Manage all collaborative clinical science/research.
* Provide customer support technical advice and guidance in the evaluation of post 510k related product evaluations, surveillance and regulatory support, and customer interface.
* Participate in BU meetings and provide input for scientific decision support.
* Liaise with and keep the BUs up to date on the progress of BU clinical collaborative sponsored programs/projects. Work with Clinical Collaborations database administrator to document and facilitate the BU updates on a regular basis.
* Participate on all CMSU Grants and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) Review Committees
* Encourage publications of sponsored studies with the PI from the collaborating institution to highlight both technical and marketing information in order to promote CMSU's core competencies.
* Encourage the principal investigators and luminaries to file disclosures and seek intellectual property protections for superior clinical technologies developed with CMSU support
* Participate in CMSU Technical Forum activities as a key collaborative instrument for CMSU clinical science community to interact with luminary investigators, research centers and principal investigators. The technical forum may also serve as a medium to interact with counterparts at CMS, CMRU, Vital, and CMVS to share best practices.
* Serve as a member on the Clinical Collaborations Science and Technology Council.
* Assume educational roles and provide educational services and training to the business units. The educational responsibilities shall involve periodic lectures and presentations about fundamental and intermediate medical physics core competencies of UL to focus on and enhance the knowledge base of the product managers, and clinical marketing/applications.
PhD in Imaging Physics or one of the clinical sciences preferred; 3 years of experience as a Physicist in a clinical hospital or clinical research setting.
Require proficiency with computers in windows-based software environment.
Require strong communication skills, including credible interaction with prominent academicians and demonstrated skill at scientific writing and presenting.
Require proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organizational structure.
Prefer detailed technical knowledge of Ultrasound.
Prefer 5 years clinical teaching experience in a university setting or industry representative.
Prefer working knowledge of clinical review workstations.
Working Conditions * Work is performed in an office or on-site clinical environment, requiring the frequent operation of standard office equipment such as personal computer, telephone, fax and copy machines, as well as frequent operation of clinical imaging equipment.
* This job requires frequent travel including overnight stays. (30-35% U.S. based travel)
* Employee is required to maintain a safe driving record and possess a valid state driver's license to enable frequent motor vehicle travel within all CMSU sales zones.
* Regular training through Canon and symposia courses mandatory.
Additional Salary Information: We are open to a recent P.H.D. graduate or a more experienced candidate.
Relocation assistance provided and full benefits: medical starts on day one for individual and family and we offer a 4% 401K match, 12 paid holidays plus vacation and sick days.
Link to apply on line: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1161151&d=External-ToshibaMedical#/
Internal Number: #18-7076
About Canon Medical Systems, USA
At Canon Medical Systems, USA (CMSU) we have a community-oriented atmosphere with over 300 employees at headquarters and around 700 employees in the field. We are the type of company where building relationships with our people is as important as cultivating and maintaining relationships with our customers. We don't have too many layers, so employees can really see their contributions come to life day in and day out. We are looking for dedicated, passionate people that care about others. Hardworking, honest and smart professionals. Leaders. Self-starters. Those with a true entrepreneurial spirit. We offer competitive pay and benefits including 401kplan, medical, dental, vision, paid holidays, vacation and sick as well as a wellness program.
The American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) is a partner in the AIP Career Network, a collection of online job sites for scientists, engineers,
and computing professionals. Other partners include Physics Today, the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT), American Physical Society (APS Physics), AVS
Science and Technology, IEEE Computer Society, and the Society of Physics Students (SPS) and Sigma Pi Sigma.