Marshfield Clinic is one of the largest patient care, research & educational systems in the United States with more than 750 physicians representing over 86 different medical specialties, more than 6,800 additional employees, and over 60 locations in northern, central and western Wisconsin. We are proud of our strong affiliations to the local hospitals and our subsidiaries including Security Health Plan, Marshfield Clinic Research Institute, Marshfield Clinic Laboratories, Marshfield Clinic Applied Sciences, Marshfield Clinic Education Foundation and more.
The Radiation Oncology Physicist is part of a physics program team that provides physics support to several contracted locations/institutions. The physicist works in cooperation with the Radiation Oncologists, onsite Radiation Oncology Managers, radiation therapists, and dosimetrists to assure accurate and coordinated delivery of all aspects of treatment prescription. Physicists divide time between clinical services and consultation.
Join our clinics in Marshfield or Rice Lake, Wisconsin:
Medical Physicist Radiation Oncology, MC170526, Marshfield Clinic Rice Lake Center, 1700 West Stout Street, Rice Lake, WI 54868
Medical Physicist Radiation Oncology, M170564, Marshfield Clinic, 1000 N Oak Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
- Masters of Science or Doctoral Degree in Medical Physics or related discipline required. Must meet qualified expert criteria defined by the Nuclear Regulatory commission and/or state radiation agency
- At least two years clinical experience in radiation therapy department under the preceptorship of a physicist certified by the American Board of Radiology in Radiation Therapy Physics or Radiological Physics is required. Experience must include calibration of linear accelerator and other radiation sources, clinical dosimetry of external beams and implant sources, patient setup, and computer treatment planning
- Certified by the American Board of Radiology in Radiation Therapy Physics or Radiological Physics or will obtain certification within five years after employment begins
Working at Marshfield Clinic, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- A low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing.
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- May be eligible for Sign-on Bonus and Relocation Assistance
Rice Lake, Wisconsin, is located in Barron County in northwestern Wisconsin, serving a primary retail trade area of approximately a 50-mile radius as the largest community between Eau Claire, 60 miles south, and Superior, 100 miles to the north. It is just 100 miles northeast of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The area is famous for fishing, hunting, and sports, as well as being a popular summer resort area. For more information, visit: http://www.ricelakechamber.org/
Marshfield, Wisconsin has a community of 19,500 and is proud of our family-friendly environment. The Cities of Marshfield & Wisconsin Rapids of Wood County were ranked 14th in America, 3rd in the Midwest and 1st in Wisconsin as best cities to live in. Marshfield is also ranked as the 8th best "Dream City" in America offering excellent health care, schools, vitality, connection to cultural mainstream, and a low cost of living all wrapped up in a small-town feel. We are located in the middle of the state with easy access to a network of interstate, U.S. and State highways. For more information, visit http://ci.marshfield.wi.us/
For further information contact Kathy Mitchell at Mitchell.Kathy@lakeviewmedical.org
You may apply directly through the links above
or through our Career Center at: www.marshfieldclinic.org/careers
Reference Job Number MC170526 (Rice Lake); MC170564 (Marshfield)
1000 North Oak Avenue
Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.