Medical Science Liaison (Radiology) residence based opening covering either the North East and/or the Mid-West
The Medical Science Liaison (Radiology) residence based opening covering either the North East and/or the Mid-West provides scientific and objective information to healthcare providers and researchers involved in radiology services. The MSL serves as technical and scientific support in the field for healthcare providers ensuring safe and effective use of Bayer radiology products which include contrast, delivery devices and informatics software. This includes timely adverse event reporting and responses to unsolicited requests for detailed product and disease state information, support of Investigator Initiated research, advisory boards, and relevant meetings.
The MSL also develops a complete understanding of national and regional experts in specific therapeutic categories and the healthcare environment in which they work. The MSL will collaborate with internal business partners as an expert consultant to meet specific scientific needs of internal and external contacts within specific therapeutic and geographic areas. They will help develop scientific materials and review marketing materials for medical accuracy.
The MSL primarily interacts with healthcare providers, researchers and academic experts in the field. This is a unique position within the organization as these highly trained, field-based individuals with advanced degrees represent Bayer Radiology to its external customers via routine contacts and responses to requests for additional scientific information. The MSL also interacts with internal partners in support of training, research and educational initiatives and in some instances participates in strategic planning meetings bringing valuable scientific expertise including external feedback from healthcare providers to the business planning process.
The MSL is both an individual contributor and a team member. As an individual contributor, the MSL utilizes their advanced technical competence in radiology and medical physics and refined interpersonal skills to represent Bayer as a scientific based organization with integrity. The MSL contributes to the Medical Affairs team to enhance communication between healthcare providers and internal partners improving communication with thought leaders while ensuring that all interactions adhere to the compliance guidelines. As an internal expert, the MSL may also contribute to other internal teams depending on the specific internal initiatives and the background of then individual MSL.
Candidate will be field based and work from a home office in the central or Midwest region. Will need to collaborate with MSL colleagues in other regions.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities of Position
- Maintenance of scientific expertise
- Medical conference attendance and reviews
- Leads journal reviews and team discussions
- Regularly coordinates or leads internal training initiatives
- Key Opinion leader engagement
- Criteria based selection and validation to identify and confirm opinion leader (KOL) status
- Speaker training and evaluation
- Advisory board coordination, workshop leadership and/or presentation at advisory board
- Coordinates National/International KOL engagement with senior management and other key internal partners
- Direct scientific exchange
- Presentations to external audiences
- Timely, accurate, specific and balanced responses to professional requests for information (PIR) in collaboration with Medical Communications
- Prepares and presents data to internal audiences including MA and Commercial partners
- Professional organization involvement
- Establish and maintain contact with relevant medical, research and educational societies within assigned geography
- Collaborate as an internal scientific expert
- Leads internal training initiatives
-Advanced degree (MD, PhD) in Pharmacology, Radiology, Medicine, Physics, Chemistry or a related field is required.
- 2 years of experience as a physicist, radiologist, biomedical engineer or a related field is required,
- Computer literacy and the ability to learn essential software programs;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of FDA, OIG requirements;
- Understanding of clinical trial design and biostatistics;
- Ability to critically evaluate the medical literature; •Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to travel and manage a demanding schedule.
Will require 40%-50% travel to meet with radiologists, medical physicists, referrers, administrators, and pharmacists. Should also make use of web meetings, t cons and use of remote meetings to meet scientific needs.
Academic or research experience is preferred.
There are two openings available; both are residence based covering either the North East and/or Mid-West.
To be considered please apply online via the following link:
ReqID 2721 MSL (Radiology) – residence based, covering Mid-West or North East.
Bayer Career Portal: https://www.career.bayer.com/en/career/