Medical Oncology Physicist
Amelia Island, Florida
Ackerman Cancer Center, located in Jacksonville and Amelia Island Florida, is seeking a Medical Physicist to join our team of highly trained radiation oncologists and medical professionals.
Our facilities in Northeast Florida specialize in the most advanced radiation oncology therapies available for all types of cancer. The interdisciplinary team at Ackerman Cancer Center is professional, compassionate, and dedicated to the highest level of care for patients and their families.
Our Board Certified team includes Radiation Oncologists, a Medical Oncologist, Medical Physicists, Medical Dosimetrists, Oncology Nurses, Radiation Therapists, Molecular Imaging Technologists, Oncology Social Workers and an Oncology Dietician.
Our facilities offer advanced treatments such as IMRT, IGRT, SRS, SBRT, VMAT, HDR Brachytherapy, AccuBoost Breast Cancer Radiotherapy, RaySearch treatment planning, MOSAIQ EMR, Elekta Linear Accelerators and a Mevion S250 proton therapy unit.
We also offer comprehensive diagnostic services for the convenience of our patients. These services include: PET/CT, CT, MRI, mammography, ultrasound and bone density scanning.
This is a rare opportunity to actively participate and gain experience in both proton and photon therapies, as well as many special procedures.
- Overview: Responsible for all technical aspects of radiation therapy. This position ensures a safe environment for staff and accurate delivery of radiation to patients as directed by physician Written Directives.
- Major Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure Linear accelerators and Proton accelerator are functioning safely, calibrated and produce stable radiation beams
- Ensure all radioactive materials are licensed correctly, received, utilized and retuned according to safe radiation practices
- Ensure radioactive material records are maintained per legal requirements
- Review all patient dosimetry and secondary dosimetry checks and conduct weekly chart reviews during radiation treatment course
- Current FL license as Therapeutic Radiological Physicist
- Graduate degree in medical physics
- Successful completion of a post-degree residency in medical physics
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology
- 5+ Years’ medical physicist experience in a radiation oncology facility
- Successful experience in design and fabrication of treatment aids and surface plaques
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BLS certification
- Master of Science degree in Medical Physics
- ABR certification in Therapeutic Radiological Physics
- Experience with SRS and HDR planning
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records, such as Mosaiq™
- 1+ Years’ experience with Proton radiation therapy
- Knowledge of Elekta equipment
- Monday-Friday (occasional weekends)
- Rotating shift assignments which may involve 6:00a start times to 12:00a end times
- Full-Time: 40+ hours per week
Ackerman Cancer Center offers pay commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to:email@example.com
Visit our website: www.AckermanCancerCenter.com