Health Physics Northwest is adding to our team of nine (9) diagnostic physicists. We provide support in general radiology, CT, mammography, MR, nuclear medicine, PET, ultrasound, and radiation shielding design. Board certification is not required. However, preference will be given to those who meet the ACR accreditation program personnel requirements for medical physicists in nuclear medicine and/or mammography. The successful applicant will begin providing immediate support in the modalities for which these qualifications are met and competency and proficiency are demonstrated. The applicant will also begin immediate training in all other modalities with focus on those with the most need. Although most work will be performed independently, the entire staff functions as a team. Each physicist has an office in our building where our support staff assists in business administration, scheduling, logistics, and client communication.
We support clients in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Wyoming,and Utah. This physicist would spend approximately six nights a month outside of the Portland area.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and an employer matching 401k.
This posting is open to physicists currently working in the field as well as those about to begin their careers. Students who have not yet graduated and are in their final term of graduate school are encouraged to apply. At the time employment begins, the successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- A Master’s degree (or higher) in medical or health physics
- Above average verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- A willingness to travel (drive and fly) multiple days a week
- Preference will be given to those meeting the ACR personnel qualifications for performing gamma camera and/or mammography (2D and 3D) equipment evaluations
- Experience in general radiology, CT, MR, ultrasound, and shielding design would be beneficial